Urgent Care – Site Evaluation Presentation Summary

My site evaluator was PA Rachwalski, both meetings were done virtually. During the first meeting, we reviewed 2 H&Ps. For the first H&P, the patient complained of an expanding rash on the scalp that was tender to touch. Patient’s symptoms were consistent with cellulitis and he was prescribed Keflex. PA Rachwalski pointed out that Tinea capitis could also be a differential diagnosis because the rash appeared after the patient got a haircut at the barbershop. For the second H&P, I wrote about a patient who complained of ear pain associated with tinnitus. Physical exam showed narrowed and erythematous external ear canal. Patient was treated with Cipro ear drops for otitis externa. I chose these two cases because I thought they are the most common complaints I’ve seen at this urgent care besides URI symptoms. During the second meeting, I presented the third H&P, and a journal article related to this patient. During both meetings, PA Rachwalski also gave some tips for studying and preparing for the PANCE. He also talked about some good questions to ask/research when looking for a job, which is really helpful.